Monday, July 2, 2007

My Gown


The material I used for my gown was a heavy fabric that was part satin, part silk and was creamy, off white in color. It cost me Dhs 3.50 per yard at 60 width (about 42.00 pesos). Lace is awfully expensive here so I decided to buy the lace from Manila, in Tutuban - mom got the Spanish lace for like Php 200 per meter. We didn't really need that much. I chose a lace design that could be used both at the top of my gown and can also be cut as appliques that would be used to design my gown's trail. I didn't want a long trail so Ines designed one for me that was quite manageable and not so fussy. Oliver got his barong at Tutuban as well. There is even an interesting side story to this Tutuban escapade that I will perhaps blog about later - it involved a horse latched to a "caretella" and still brings laughter to those present! Except my husband who was the victim of the joke....hehehehe

Here's us in our wedding attire - not your Inno Sotto or Vera Wang but respectable enough.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
J'ai deux coeur, ma mari et ma fille. Prefere la theatro y la cinema y tambien leer muchos livros. Mahilig din akong makinig sa mga tugtuging Pilipino at mga kakaiba tulad na freestyle na jazz. Shu fi aqel elyaum? Tabemashyooo!!! Hai, so desu. Amo gid na ya ang nanami-an ko himuon, ang magsige-kaon!!! Mau lagi nga ingon ani ko kay sige lang ug luto akong bana.