Monday, July 2, 2007

A-flurry and a-drizzle

I was surprised at how calm I was in the midst of all these things. I just sent a prayer to God asking him to make this day happy. He answered with a steady drizzle of rain at around 6:00 am. It did stop sometime around 8:00 but it did add to difficulty in commuting or getting rides from places farther off. Some of our friends weren't about to make it.

Suddenly everyone has had make-up done and everyone has left the rooms at the PVH. Then my parents were there and Oliver has disappeared. The flurry has settled and so has the rain.

Apparently everyone else went on ahead to church and only me and my parents are left behind. It gave me a chance to thank them, these two beautiful, kind and wonderful people - Nonong and Connie - my parents for raising me well and giving me a good life. Although this wedding is on Oliver's and my budget, I know they've helped with many things from the background...including our engagement reception. I'll share some pictures next blog, but below are pictures of my parents and I as we get ready to go to church. PVH provided the car to and from church as well so we didn't have to worry about that, although Tita Ping offered their posh Mercedes for us to use.


Ma. Concepcion Linco Villaruel and Alfredo Pena-Montilla Villaruel raised me as their own child along with their very own son, and for several years, even including my other biological siblings. They may not be my bilogical parents, but they were the only ones I knew and the only ones I had. I'm lucky and twice blessed to have them as my benefactor, role models and mom and dad.




Dadga, I know you're smiling down from heaven as I add this pictures and this blog. I love you.




Magma, for everything my thanks. You have been my anchor, my guide, my refuge and now as I myself become a wife and mother, I emulate you daily - remembering the goodness and kindness of your heart and your loving spirit. I love you.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
J'ai deux coeur, ma mari et ma fille. Prefere la theatro y la cinema y tambien leer muchos livros. Mahilig din akong makinig sa mga tugtuging Pilipino at mga kakaiba tulad na freestyle na jazz. Shu fi aqel elyaum? Tabemashyooo!!! Hai, so desu. Amo gid na ya ang nanami-an ko himuon, ang magsige-kaon!!! Mau lagi nga ingon ani ko kay sige lang ug luto akong bana.