Monday, July 2, 2007

Dresses

I lived in Abu Dhabi back then an knew many nook and crannies of the city where I can get the cheapest price for anything - hammers, board choppers, cloths, etc. You name it, I can take you to a place where they sell it at huge discounts! So I decided to buy all the material for my wedding dress as well as the dresses for my entourage from here. The girls and ladies at least as all the boys will just wear our traditional "barong". Thankfully too, Tita Bing or Mrs. Helen Dormitorio Zembrano, was very kind to sew all the dresses for the entourage. I have also found a seamstress, Mrs. Juni, who lived near our place and would sew my, the maid of honor's, my mom's and grandmother's clothes all together. That really solved many of our worries. Tita Bing being one of our Ninangs charged us very little as we provided the materials. Ines Juni being an ex-OCW from Al Ain, also gave me a big discount as long as materials she needed were purchased by us.

So my able "alalay" at that time, Espie Hilao (thanks Poy!) came with me to one of the shops where we call everyone "My Friend". One particular "my friend" near the Zayani area had a huge roll of white and off white cloth collection. He also has them by the 60 width and not the smaller 45 width. I got a mix of satin and silk material which is off-white in colour (having a touch of silver) for my secondary sponsors, bridesmaid, etc. Guess how much is a yard? Dhs 2.00! (That's like Php 24.00 per yard) Yes, I got kilometers of them for a song! One of my suitcase was actually just this material that I purchased. Below is a photo of my secondary sponsors and attendants in the fabric that I purchased. As to my one and only flower girl, my neice Julienne wore a ready-made girl's gown that I purchased in one of the shops in Abu Dhabi for Dhs 30.00 (360.00 pesos).

Secondary Sponsors


Wedding Attendants

No comments:

About Me

My photo
J'ai deux coeur, ma mari et ma fille. Prefere la theatro y la cinema y tambien leer muchos livros. Mahilig din akong makinig sa mga tugtuging Pilipino at mga kakaiba tulad na freestyle na jazz. Shu fi aqel elyaum? Tabemashyooo!!! Hai, so desu. Amo gid na ya ang nanami-an ko himuon, ang magsige-kaon!!! Mau lagi nga ingon ani ko kay sige lang ug luto akong bana.