Monday, July 2, 2007

Flowers, corsages, wedding decorations at the venue


Still more tips on having a wedding on a budget is to make your own bouquets, corsages and even the decor at the wedding venue (if allowed). I'm lucky that the Philippine Village Hotel was not so strict. If I had asked them to decorate the stairs that led up to the ballroom from the lobby, it would have been an additional Php 7,500.00 But we all decided that since we lived nearby, in Sucat and Baclaran will all the blooms is also near, my mom, my aunt (Mommy Lucy), my maid of honor and myself went there the afternoon before my wedding day to decorate the stairs with golden cords, plastic sunflowers (no fresh sunflowers), babies breath and yellow daisies. We also made the corsages for all the sponsors and guests. That night, we were booked for two rooms as a package with PVH, the guys even helped! Using orchids, some ribbons, cellotape and ferns and babies breath we all made the corsages and kept them in the hotel's mini bar to keep fresh! I made my own bouquet using one huge sunflower, 6 white roses, some babies breath and ferns and a golden ribbon. All in all it cost us Php 2,500. Thus we saved a good Php 5,000 from doing our own thing and it made for good bonding with my wedding attendants and secondary sponsors who joined us at the PVH the night before.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
J'ai deux coeur, ma mari et ma fille. Prefere la theatro y la cinema y tambien leer muchos livros. Mahilig din akong makinig sa mga tugtuging Pilipino at mga kakaiba tulad na freestyle na jazz. Shu fi aqel elyaum? Tabemashyooo!!! Hai, so desu. Amo gid na ya ang nanami-an ko himuon, ang magsige-kaon!!! Mau lagi nga ingon ani ko kay sige lang ug luto akong bana.