Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I do...

The ceremony was quite solemn and Obey did appear a bit nervous. I was "paos" meaning my voice was an almost non-existent hoarse raspy whisper - perhaps more due to lack of sleep and the excitement that built up till the day itself. We had been busy with the preparations and I was hands-on till the day.

Oh we had this marriage counselling seminar a few days after we arrived and there were only two couples who took the seminar with Fr. Efren. We were encouraged to smoke when we saw the priest light up and since there were only two pairs, we held the seminar outdoors, in the church's garden which was quite breezy and pleasant.

We followed tradition but had we been able to come up with our very own wedding vows, I'd probably would have said this piece. This is the very poem that is engraved in my mom and dad's wedding invite all those many years ago:

Husband and Wife
by Arthur Guiterman

Whatever I said and whatever you said, I love you
The word and the moment forever have fled, I love you
The breezes may ruffle the stream in its flow,
But tranquil and clear are the waters below,
And under all tumult you feel and you know, I love you.

Whatever you did and whatever I did, I love you
Whatever is open, whatever is hid, I love you
The strength of the oak makes the tempest a mock,
The anchor holds firm in the hurricane's shock,
Our love is the anchor, the oak and the rock, I love you.

Whatever I thought and whatever you thought, I love you
The mood and the passion that made it are naught, I love you
For words, thoughts and deeds, though they rankle and smart,
May never delude us or hold us apart,
Who treasure this talisman deep in the heart,
I love you.


Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Eliserio (tadan!):

No comments:

About Me

My photo
J'ai deux coeur, ma mari et ma fille. Prefere la theatro y la cinema y tambien leer muchos livros. Mahilig din akong makinig sa mga tugtuging Pilipino at mga kakaiba tulad na freestyle na jazz. Shu fi aqel elyaum? Tabemashyooo!!! Hai, so desu. Amo gid na ya ang nanami-an ko himuon, ang magsige-kaon!!! Mau lagi nga ingon ani ko kay sige lang ug luto akong bana.